Pool Pump Electricity Usage - Is this normal?

Try the diluted CYA test to figure out how much water you need to drain.

Add pool water to bottom of sticker.
Add tap water to top of sticker.
Shake.
Pour out half so mixture is to bottom of sticker.
Add reagent to top of sticker.
Shake.
Test outside with back to sun and tube at waist level.
Pour back and forth a few times to see if you get the same result.
Double the result.

The TF-100 CYA bottle has a sticker on it. You just need to mix the pool and tap water 50/50 and then dump out have and add the reagent.

Either add bleach every day (or get an automation system that does it) or get a SWG.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

2 hoses is better than one, even though it is the same water main.

I can attest to that. When I did my partial drain/fill last year (14,000 gallons), one garden hose would give ~10-12 GPM. Howver using two garden hoses, I was able to get 9 GPM (measured) off of each, for a total of 18 GPM. A difference of 6 GPM doesn't seem like a lot, but keep in mind, that is a a little over a 30% increase in flow, which has a corresponding decrease in fill time. For me, 12 GPM meant a refill time of almost 20 hours, but 18 GPM allowed me to refill in 13 hours.

Before you fill with hose water, call your water/utility company (if you're not on well water) and ask if they have a different rate for pool filling. Most utilites charge for sewer based off of your water use. Since filling a pool does not involve the wastewater side of the utility, some will only charge for the water used in filling, saving you a bunch of money. Some cities/towns will do this, some will not. Mine does not, so I ended up with a $200 water bill that month.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.