Pool Pricing in Southern PA Reading Area--35K for a 14x28 vinyl liner pool ??

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hey guys. I am interested in getting an inground pool and have been getting some very high quotes compared to what I am seeing others pay online. I have a giant relatively flat backyard
and was quoted 35K (pool and base equipment/cover) for a 14x28 vinyl pool. I am in the reading PA area. I started to look to do a buried above ground pool but no one seems to know how to do this and the people I did talk too were ridiculously expensive and I would be their guinea pig for doing that type of pool.
I was thinking an inground pool would be more in the 20-25K range. Any recommendations for my area or advice on pricing ?

I’ll blurt it out.. an Inground pool will cost as much as a higher end automobile.

In OP market, that is a reasonable price.
You must consider the “ buy in” - a larger pool won’t be exponentially more.

Last edited:
In my area (about 1.5 hrs south of you) I'd expect to be 45K-50K for a basic gunite pool around that size - that's of course without landscaping, fencing, any extras, decking, etc. Of course permits and engineering requirements alone are ~4K in my neck of the woods. It's sad how a "basic" pool project can be easily north of 100K when all is said and done. :(

That sounds about right. I was expecting $30k-$40k and ended up at $75k. It'll end up at least 20% higher when you are done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine doubled from my hoped for price. It was more like a dream/fantasy price in hindsight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.