Pool Price

Here are some more details:
  • We do live in a nice neighborhood in St. Louis County. Our house is listed at 1.1 currently, and have had other contractors give insanely high quotes just because the assumption was we ignorant about price.
  • As mentioned this was the first bid so I there may be a few things that are wrong on it, but this didn't seem in the right price ballpark. Every line item seemed doubled.
  • I have attached some photos of the proposed project. Keep in mind this price doesn't include landscaping or the bathroom, just the pool and surrounding concrete.
  • There is no typo on depth. We will likely do a flat 4ft.

Attachments

• IMG-2334.jpg
    IMG-2334.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG-2335.jpg
    IMG-2335.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 119
Here are some more details:
  • We do live in a nice neighborhood in St. Louis County. Our house is listed at 1.1 currently, and have had other contractors give insanely high quotes just because the assumption was we ignorant about price.
  • As mentioned this was the first bid so I there may be a few things that are wrong on it, but this didn't seem in the right price ballpark. Every line item seemed doubled.
  • I have attached some photos of the proposed project. Keep in mind this price doesn't include landscaping or the bathroom, just the pool and surrounding concrete.
  • There is no typo on depth. We will likely do a flat 4ft.
OK, after seeing the design... That does not look like a $300,000 pool unless there's some very, very interesting engineering going on underneath that picture. But that's not what I see in the quote, so I'm assuming this is a "standard" build from that perspective. Seeing the retaining wall on the quote, I was thinking if you had some major elevation things going on, maybe a rock grotto / waterfall / slide feature, etc. But no, that's just a normal retaining wall and a nice but otherwise normal pool design.

D, Let me say the drawing of the pool with a covered pavilion is beautiful. Is it $300K beautiful, is the question?

All in for my pool build was 1/3 your quoted price. Please review my build, it is in my signature. In size, my pool is the same size as your design, 40 x 25. My build includes an autocover. Our depth went from 3'x6" to 6'. We have an attached spa with a contour lounge seat (mine) with 14 jets. We used Artistic Pavers instead of Kool deck. We wanted the ability to pull up the pavers then reinstall if any issues arose down the line rather than jack hammering up concrete. We intended for a covered pavilion but due to budget constraints we nixed the covering and just have an open sunken pavilion area. We can always cover it later.

You have invested time already with the first quote. For your peace of mind, do get other quotes. Do not reveal this particular quote but hand draw the design and let them know your hand drawing is what you want. In that way, you will be comparing apples to apples. Good Luck!

Last edited:
This is pool bigger than mine in width and more concrete work but nothing about the design or spec screams anything over $130-150. Everything on that sheet is 1.5-5 times marked up.
The cost of the concrete work is ridiculous. Not only are they charging a ton for it, on top of that ton for the koolcrete decling they are charging another $9k for two sets steps down to the lower patio areas. My 550sqft of salt finished decking was like $6k.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.