pool plaster question

Maresa

Aug 28, 2014
Haverhill, Mass
I am asking for my husband who thinks this is a good idea (and I think it is a terrible idea)... Our pool is CLOSE to needing to be replastered. We are thinking about selling the whole property and hate to put money into real plaster and are afraid the "almost" state of the pool will severely hurt the sale. So he is thinking about a roll on plaster called Sider-Crete. If anyone has heard of it, could you give your opinions on it and on the general idea of a cheap quick do-it-yourself thing like this?

Here are prior discussions about Side Crete while you are waiting for responses:

If you get a naive buyer who does not ask about the history of the pool they may accept a coat of Sider Crete. If you don't tell them about the recent application of Sider Crete then you commit Disclosure Fraud.

If you told me about the application of Sider Crete I would immediately devalue your house by the cost of a plaster job.

Sider Crete is not a substitute for a full replaster of a pool and will not last as long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.