Pool Pilot Digital Nano plus - burned wires from power supply board

jangelj

Apr 13, 2021
florida
I started getting the Low Amps message. The cell is only 2 years old, so I thought I'd open things up and see what could be causing the error. Lo and behold, visibly burnt wires from Power supply board to the transformer.
I'm a fairly handy guy, but have NO experience with this. Obviously I could just replace the burnt wires, but I would like to test the output of the PS board and/or the transformer. Anyone have any experience with these? Do you know what readings I should get?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4256.jpg
    IMG_4256.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 20
Welcome to TFP.

We don't see many Autopilot SWGs and don't know specific readings beyond what Autopilot publishes in their Volts and Amps Guide..

SaltPoolGuys.com has helped with diagnostics and is a good source for AutoPilot parts.

Maybe @JamesW has ideas.

Thanks! I did contact SPG (Chase) and he was super helpful. He suggested just replacing the wires, which I did. I am still receiving the Low Amp message, but suspect the cell is bad (it's 3 years old). I've ordered a new cell and report back once I replace it and test the system.
After doing some digging, the transformer from whence the burned wires connect, seems to be working fine. Output is 12.9 volts, which is what it is supposed to be (I think).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.