Pool, Patio, Fire-pit Build - So. California

Here is an example of what they can look like:

Hayward 3/4 Insider Hydrostream (SP1421D)

See the "ribbed" ring? It is threaded. That allows you to loosen it from the pipe to move the inside part this way or that way. It can be taken out all of the way as well.

Things to ask to learn:
-How to set a schedule.
-How to set you freeze protection.
-How to use your fancy valves.
-How to close your main drain.
-How to close your skimmer.
-How to have only the spa running without the overflow so you will not lose any heated water when you get to use your heater!
-Take pics and write notes about what he says. Go in right away to put the notes with the pics asap.

We can/will help you figure anything out you forget or he does not tell you. We have a good write up on how to clean your DE filter with pics for when the time comes.

I am glad to hear Penny is learning the does and don'ts! Smart girl there. I wonder if you got a nylon harness to put on her to "signal" to her she can get in the pool? My dogs know when I put the harness on them it is time to go to the river with the Seadoo. Man do we get some happy dances for that!

Oh and get this guys number and permission for call on him if needed just in case LOL

Kim:kim:

That's a great list of questions Kim. I'll be spending tomorrow bonding with my backyard. My builder said he's available for any questions, just shoot him a text, and the Pentair guy will help me over the phone or he can dial into my controller if I need future assistance to review settings. I really got lucky finding this builder, they have been top notch in every way and it has been a much easier experience than I'd imagined a job of this scale being.

That's not a bad idea with the harness. She would have to have the right gear on before she knows she can go in, very interesting... Might try this!

You did pick the right PB from everything I have read on your thread.

The harness also gives you something else to grab just in case she gets in trouble in the water. Once she is allowed in the water you will then need to "train" her to find the "out" part of the pool. That way if, who am I kidding, when she gets in the water when you are not there she will know how to get out on her own. Throw her ball to get her in the water then stand by the steps you want her to use and have a HIGH value treat (it is hotdogs here). Say the word you want to use (mine is "out" with a pointing finger) to get her to come to you for the treat on dry land.

You did pick the right PB from everything I have read on your thread.

The harness also gives you something else to grab just in case she gets in trouble in the water. Once she is allowed in the water you will then need to "train" her to find the "out" part of the pool. That way if, who am I kidding, when she gets in the water when you are not there she will know how to get out on her own. Throw her ball to get her in the water then stand by the steps you want her to use and have a HIGH value treat (it is hotdogs here). Say the word you want to use (mine is "out" with a pointing finger) to get her to come to you for the treat on dry land.

Penny christened the pool today, the door prize? 53 Degree water! My hand went numb tinkering with the eyeball returns so I don't know how she can handle it for over half an hour. I pulled her out thinking hypothermia might be an issue, one things for sure, she'd make a good crab fisherman!

I had a chance to try out the Spa for the first time tonight. I'm impressed it went from low 50 degree water to 98 setpoint in a little over an hour, I can literally use it on a whim whereas my old Jacuzzi took some planning and coordination. I do have to give the comfort award to the Jacuzzi though, can't beat contoured seats that cradle you.

I also created a time lapse of the pool build with my Brinno Cam, link below
Pool Time Lapse - YouTube

20171218_141601.jpg20171218_141650.jpg20171218_193302.jpg

Big fan of the hair nets. I used them full time this year and between them and the Polaris cleaner, I didn't have to backwash the filter all season.

Our builder gave us that same door alarm and said to just take the battery out after the inspection if you don't want to use it. He said if you have alot of kids over and want to know when people go out, put the battery back in.

Walt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.