Pool Pad Layout

RobertFlagg

Gold Supporter
Feb 4, 2020
Roseville, Ca
Hi all, Owner builder here, It's getting to that time where I need to layout my Pool Pad and equipment. I am limited on the width to a little over 3' wide by 8' long. I can go longer then 8' if I need to. On the diagram below is my current pipe layout for plumbing. I could change it if required but that kind of how it ended up.

"From Pool"
-Main Drain
-Skimmer 1
-Skimmer 2
-Poolside suction "Not Used", Have a robot Cleaner. "Future use"
-To the Pool Pump
-Pool Filter Inlet
-3-way valve Pool Drain or Filter Inlet
-Pool filter outlet
-Pool Heater bypass
-Pool heater outlet
- Tied to the other end of Pool Heater Bypass
-Solar Heater outlet/Bypass
-Solar Heater return
-SWG

" To Pool"
- Pool Return
- 4 pool Bubbler
- 5 Deck Jets

Everything will individually valved 2-way or 3-way, No ball valves, only rebuildable Pentair valves.
-IntelliValves will be on
-Pool Heater
-Solar
-Pool Bubblers
-Deck Jets
-Pool Return

Any help would be great or any software recommendations to help me visually build it before I start gluing pipes. There is a lot going on and I don't want to screw it too bad.

Attachments

• IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
I would just flip pump and heater since you have the suction side pipes on the left side of the drawing. Does your filter have an MPV? if so you dont need the 3 way valve before the filter. Remember to use unions on pump, filter, heater. Pentair has some screw in type of unions with Oring which are best.

I would just flip pump and heater since you have the suction side pipes on the left side of the drawing. Does your filter have an MPV? if so you dont need the 3 way valve before the filter. Remember to use unions on pump, filter, heater. Pentair has some screw in type of unions with Oring which are best.
Thanks, I'll try that arrangement, I have the Pentair cartridge filter CCP420. I'll look up the Pentair Unions.

Final pool pad layout, I think. I know the layout is funky, but it is how the pipes were layed out by the plumber. I’m trying to get all distances from all the components setup right. The Pad get poured on Friday, I need to finish the plumbing this weekend before the city will allow the prep plaster sign off.

There will be 5 auto valves in total. The solar, the heater, pool return, pool bubblers, and deck jets.

Any suggested tweets are helpful.

image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.