Pool Owners Regret: SWG out; ISO chlorine...

Maybe a pic will help understand the current state of things...
e807e75297f05c1d22914991197b7873.jpg

*edit*
I wrote an entire post that isn’t showing up- just a double of this post. [emoji30]

128 ounces of 10% liquid chlorine should raise your FC to 5ppm. Please toss a gallon in and allow it to mix for an hour, then re-test and see if you met your goal.

If you didn't- your pool may be bigger/smaller than you thought? Or the liquid chlorine is weaker than you thought?

Make sure you don't buy it from any big box store that stores it outside in the garden center where the heat and sun will kill off its potency quickly.

Maddie :flower:

Pool does seem to have a yellowish green tint but could be the sunlight or cold of pool. Bleach strength is changing all over for some reason. What brand is it or if you have a pic of the container?

What Maddie said :)

Also as awareness most pools loose between 2-4ppm of chlorine during the day.

So if you can get your pool to 5ppm tonight after the sun goes down. Check it again in the morning before the sun come up you should have no more than a 1ppm.

At at this point I’d use poolmath to get FC to 7 or 8 and tomorrow evening it should be at 4-5. At this point add enough to get it back to 7-8 in the evening.

This way the next day you don’t have to worry about drifting below 3 during the day. After a while you’ll get a feeling for how much chlorine you’ll need each day (until you get the swcg fixed)

128 ounces of 10% liquid chlorine should raise your FC to 5ppm. Please toss a gallon in and allow it to mix for an hour, then re-test and see if you met your goal.

If you didn't- your pool may be bigger/smaller than you thought? Or the liquid chlorine is weaker than you thought?

Make sure you don't buy it from any big box store that stores it outside in the garden center where the heat and sun will kill off its potency quickly.

Maddie :flower:

I got it from Walmart & it was inside... but I haven’t gotten anywhere close to 5ppm.

I’ll do the math for the size again. This is exhausting :lol:

I measured and multiplied to get the volume of my pool (I hate math...).

The shape varies w/bump outs etc & the only portion of pool that isn’t 5+ft are the steps; so I used 4 as for shallow end and 6 for deep end.

Got *just* below 20k gal. So the 128oz should have gotten my FC to 5.

Waiting for the repair guy who gave me a FIVE HOUR appt. window so I can’t go get more chlorine yet... all I know for sure is that this just doesn’t make any sense!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
the FC numbers are supposed to stay there on a clear pool. in your pic I see the liner is a sand color tint, the green in the pics is prob algea starting to tint the water not the liner in sun color. You would know best its your pool, the tint of color is important, if you have any growth in the pool your gonna lose chloring FAST like u seem to be. Id start a slam and add enough chlorine to get to the high teens FC wise and keep it there for 2-3 days and see if the water color changes and clears up. If ur pool isnt sparkly clear your not gonna hold the FC level. This is just what I see I may be wrong, hard to tell from pics. I use the same chlorine when I clear my pool up if its not old its good stuff

1) I’d like to thank everyone for your extreme patience; I know I must be just one giant head shake... so, thank you!

2) Pool repair company filed with my warranty company for a brand new cell- but it’ll be a week+ before it’s installed.

3) I went to go run the pump and dump my daily dosage of chlorine in the pool and holy pool problems have I got my hands full.

Air bubbles started coming out of the returns, pump wouldn’t prime/stay primed and when I freaked out the whole thing was gonna blow up in my face and shut it off- the skimmer basket filled with DE and shot whatever was in it back into the pool. YAY...

Prior to this (yesterday) the auto vacuum (mx8) was going for about 4hrs- it seemed to be running just fine. Now this... I took the top off the pump basket and filled it with as much water as I could & quickly put the top back on. The water is now midway up the intake (I think) pipe. I’ve included a picture of the system in hopes that someone can tell me if maybe there’s a valve turned wrong etc.

Can I run the pump and just leave the air release on top of the filter open so it doesn’t explode (that’s in my head I’m sure...) is the midway water line ok & it’ll fill itself once it’s on?

Idk what I could have screwed up- but I did & if I had anything going for me it was that I had circulation... and now, I don’t. HELP?!
232853edbe0e06344755ab29f289b5b2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.