Pool Owner that likes to fix stuff:)

snorris67

Oct 23, 2021
Las Vegas
Hello, I purchased a home with inground pool about 6 years ago and the pool was about 4 years old. Recently my 12VAC pool and Spa Lights went out. I want to resurface my SPA with Sider-Crete Plaster Cement and it actually came out great. While doing that I took out the old micro light that was defective and ran new Pentair 12VAC micro LED lights back to the junction box. I have replaced my GFI that connected to my Jandy/Zodiac RS Control panel to my 120VAC to !2VAC transformer. I had Intermatic T300 ( 120AC to 12VAC Transformer), but it didn't produce any 12VAC, even though it had 120VAC into the transformer. I have replace the intermetic with 2 York TPX300 transformers but I still can't get 12VAC out of the transformer.... Starting to think it needs a load but that seems contrary to how my Lights and Fire pit transformers work with other 120VAC to 12VAC end points.....really baffled and could use help.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Keep us posted on your transformer issue. If you don't get it resolved, you might want to start a new thread with a title related to that part for better visibility. Even though the season is slowing down, we should be able to get you some help.

I guess I'll ask the obvious, your meter is set to measure AC right?

It should not need a load if it is a plain transformer - which some online pictures indicate it is.

You can disconnect everything (external wiring) from the transformer and measure the resistance of the primary and secondary windings to test the transformer. Lots of examples searching with "how to test a 120v to 12v transformer".

Also a TFP search

Last edited: