Pool overflow size

Can't help you on that but.. have you read these tips for tomorrow?

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Heliman500
Shooting gunite tomorrow..whoop whoop. One last item I am having second thoughts on and that is overflow drain size. I was originally thinking 1” but contemplating bigger. Any thoughts? Pool build located Northern California.
Thank you in advance
@mas985 @cowboycasey
I have 3/4" and never had an issue. It doesn't rain that much here. You would have to have very high rainfall to overwhelm a 1" line. At 3" deep, a 1" line can drain at 10 gpm. In 500 sqft pool that is almost 2" per hour of rain.

Thank you all very much. @panic_button @YippeeSkippy @cptkirk. @mas985 as always a very comprehensive response. I’ll sleep well knowing 1” will work well. I also just checked my neighbors who has a 3/4” outlet and never had water get about the tile.
I wonder if there is any advantage to plumbing it at the back of the skimmer or just notch it out in a inconspicuous position below the coping?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.