BowserWowser

Feb 28, 2021
Virginia Beach, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I just spoke with another installer, and I think they're the one. They recommend Hayward products. I want a cartridge filter, and our pool will be about 17k gallons, and we want to do a SWCG (I have no idea if that affects our filter options, honestly). Installer recommended a sand filter, but I told him I couldn't imagine backwashing all that water into our yard that already turns into a pond with any heavy rain. Anyway...

I got to this page on the Hayward site and have NO idea what the differences are between most of these options:

Help? o_O

Can anyone tell me if this is what I want? And if there is anything else I will need?

Filter:

Pump:

Salt Water Chlorine Generator:

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if this is what I want? And if there is anything else I will need?

Filter:

Pump:

Salt Water Chlorine Generator:
For the Hayward salt & swim look at this link New Hayward salt and swim

• Haha
Reactions: BowserWowser
Or is this the salt system I want (got a quote from my installer for this one):
For the Hayward salt & swim look at this link New Hayward salt and swim
You must have been typing as I was editing! I changed from the SAS to the AquaTrol after reading exactly the thread you posted. BUT it appears the AquaTrol my installer quoted me is only rated up to 18,000 gallons, which is certainly not close to double my pool's 17,000 gallons as recommended here on TFP, so...AquaRite? 🤷‍♀️

Hayward makes a combo pump / filter on a common base with both of these. You may be able to get a better price as well. I had this and it worked great. It should work very well with your pool.

Here is a link to the pump filter. Available at most pool retailers online. I got mine through the dealer I bought the pool from.

Hayward makes a combo pump / filter on a common base with both of these. You may be able to get a better price as well. I had this and it worked great. It should work very well with your pool.

Here is a link to the pump filter. Available at most pool retailers online. I got mine through the dealer I bought the pool from.
So I saw the combo unit, and that's actually what my installer quoted me, but it looks like they only come with a single speed pump? I would like to go with a dual speed.

So I saw the combo unit, and that's actually what my installer quoted me, but it looks like they only come with a single speed pump? I would like to go with a dual speed.
Yeah U gotta order them separately now- we were researching that combo for another member recently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.