pool opening / iron stain after winter

te-chi

May 19, 2024
quebec
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
hi … newbie to TFP
i am dealing with the infamous iron stain (kind of gold colored) on the gel-coat of my inground pool….. spring coming should i treat the stain first (with AA treatment with algeacide first or do the usual shock treatment and wait till chlorine gets low and then do the AA treatment? thanks in advance

To ajw22 … thanks for answering. No OCLT…. the pool isn’t started yet…. dropped water level, removed leaves and debris and realised that the iron stain came back…. water here is on the good quality side, (no rust stain in toilet and no scale around faucet)…. i know the AA treatment work (did it last year) but to start the season should i do the regular shock treatment or get rid of the stain and then do the shock….?

i know the AA treatment work (did it last year) but to start the season should i do the regular shock treatment or get rid of the stain and then do the shock….?

What is "regular shock treatment"?

Do you intend to drain the pool after the AA treatment to get iron free water in the pool?

To ajw22 … thanks for answering. No OCLT…. the pool isn’t started yet…. dropped water level, removed leaves and debris and realised that the iron stain came back…. water here is on the good quality side, (no rust stain in toilet and no scale around faucet)…. i know the AA treatment work (did it last year) but to start the season should i do the regular shock treatment or get rid of the stain and then do the shock….?
Any opening pool kit ….no i may lower the level again but since it is a small (8x10) inground pool i can not empty the pool completely…i will have to had some sequestrant

Attachments

• IMG_7227.jpeg
    IMG_7227.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 5