pool opening algae or stains

no swg. The cya ran high all last summer near 100, was just holding out, hoping to keep the cya in an acceptable range as long as possible, but perhaps it is to low now. Also thought it would be better to get the pool in good shape from the winter before starting it up. Plan on filling it with tabs this afternoon.

I opened my vinyl liner inground pool this year and had a tanish dirty yellow looking stain on bottom. almost like it had a film in spots that needed vacuumed . a few spots where some debris had settled from opening, once vacuumed had blue underneath where debris was made me think it is something that happened after i took off cover. i added chlorine when opened but didnt vacuum. it took a few days for me to get around to vacuum. but where bottom had no debris it was tanish. i thought it might be yellow algae so i bought some yellow out and shocked the pool . wont brush off. wont go away. see the same stains running down the slants on the deep end. is this just a stain from where i put ph plus in before closing or is this an algae. or something off the winter cover that might have flourished once opened.

The best and only way of cleaning up stains in the pool that I heard of until reading this post is to mix muriatic acid with water and use a brush to clear the stains...... however, I Am not certain you can do that without lowering the water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.