Pool Novice, but learning!

TMSPool

Jun 9, 2020
Mead, Colorado
New to TFP.
Located in Colorado, where not many people have above ground pools. At least, not like back home in Upstate NY! Therefore, we have a handful of in-ground pool installers and two pool distributor/installers that begin pricing on their smallest pool at $5K. Yikes! So, I've been doing research and purchased everything for the pool separately since every online pool supplier seems to be out of complete pool kits due to Covid and everyone staying home. Would love for anyone interested to review my items to ensure I am on the right track.

Beginning self installation of a 27'x48" Round Concord Above Ground Pool this weekend.
Working on removal of old grass and site prep this week, with plans to get ground and sand tamped down on Saturday.

Here's what I purchased based on research:

27'x48" Round Concord Above Ground Pool
21" sand filter system and ordered 160lb of glass media.
Underneath pad
Rx Clear® Standard Thru-Wall Skimmer For Above Ground Swimming Pools
SmartLine® 27' Round Boulder Swirl Unibead Liner - 48" H, 25 Gauge
Bead Receiver for Above Ground Pool Liners - 56-1/2" Section (20 Pack)
Liner Lock for Beaded Pool Liners - 85'
180' Roll of Wall Seam Tape
Going with the peel and stick pool coving to hopefully make life easier.
Supreme Maintenance Kit with 33' of Hose
Cover / leaf guard
Baquacil for pool chemicals - and Baquacil test kit

What am I missing? Did I do ok with putting together everything I need?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP!

I'm curious why you went with Baquacil. While it is a legitimate sanitation method, it is extremely costly compared to a chlorine pool following TFPC and prone to frequent failure. Not to mention even when working well a properly (and that's the key word) Biguinated pool has rarely been found to provide a superior water clarity of comfort than a properly (and that's the key word) chlorinated pool.

Welcome to TFP!

I'm curious why you went with Baquacil. While it is a legitimate sanitation method, it is extremely costly compared to a chlorine pool following TFPC and prone to frequent failure. Not to mention even when working well a properly (and that's the key word) Biguinated pool has rarely been found to provide a superior water clarity of comfort than a properly (and that's the key word) chlorinated pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.