Pool Motor Dead (SLAM)

Apr 28, 2018
Athens GA
We are on the final end stretch of SLAM. It has been a long (and expensive) 2 1/2 week process due to the pool not having a cover all winter and ammonia taking over. We are making huge progress though and I can finally see the bottom of the shallow end clearly and it is slowly working its way deeper. However, upon coming home from work, the motor looks like it decided to die. And I'm worried now about having to start this whole process over again. We have the Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP. Looking to replace it with a A.O. 1.5 HP dual speed but it it estimated to take a few days (between 2-5). Is there anything we can do while waiting? I assume keep the chlorine up and pray but...anybody have any guesses on whether this is going to set us back a good bit? It is suppose to rain all week.

Ammonia usually means your CYA has been consumed by bacteria. Check the levels and adjust as necessary once your slam is done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.