Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am helping to maintain an indoor pool for our HOA and just want to check my pool math for shocking. The 20k gal pool is sanitized with bromine and there is an automatic feeder. I am maintaining the bromine level at around 5. The pool company that comes out ecvery 2 weeks is using a non-chlorine shock and I'd like to start using liquid chlorine to shock the pool. The pool gets minimal use. (There is also an outdoor pool.) I am planning to shock the indoor pool every 2 weeks with 1.5 quarts of liquid chlorine. Does this make sense? Is the amount of liquid chlorine and frequency good? Thanks for the help.

So... I added 1.5 quarts of liquid chlorine (12.5%) to our 20k gal bromine pool today since I figured that amount would bring the bromine level up to about 10 ppm (which it did). I only went to 10 because that is the highest level of bromine that state regs will allow to keep our pool open. Would appreciate any input on whether this level is an effective shock treatment and how often this shock treatment should be done. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.