Pool math using for Australia not sure what to do

FIESTA62

May 31, 2020
BEACON HILL 2100 NSW
hi, my pool got pebble crete today, it will be filled tomorrow, pool guy said i need to keep PH correct for the first month its critical during this time, ok this is my first pool, i know i need to add acid to lower PH, so i went onto the pool math app for the first time, in the section where it asks what type of acid there is no option for Hydrochloric acid, i looked up specs on the hydrochloric acid i have and it says 25-30% see attached, i want to input the correct option on pool math but not sure on which one can someone advise ?
maybe pool math isnt suitable for Australian calculations, as i know in usa you all refer to pools as "Plaster pool" and say brushing to get plaster dust off, my pool builder said that's not needed its pebble with cement, hard on the first day next to no dust coming off and no one here uses the term Plaster, so we seem to have different conditions on pools here...

Attachments

• acid.jpg
    acid.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 10
Use Muriatic Acid 31%
hi, thing is i am trying to work out what option to select on the TFP pool math app, as it does not say any option for hydrochloric acid, but after more research i find this.... 20 degree baume solution of muriatic acid. is equivalent to approximately 31.5% hydrochloric acid.
the hydrochloric acid i got from bunnings is 25-30 percent, on the pool math i see 1 option that says, 31.45% - 20 Baume, as 20 Baume equals 31.5 % hydro acid thats the one i will select....i think i got it right

If I can't find the exact equivalent in PoolMath, then I pick the closest option on the higher strength side. Like that, I will rather add not enough than too much acid. I can always add more, but I can't take out what's already in the Pool.

Reactions: CRAD_oz
My HCL is automatically dosed so I guess I've never paid too much attention to the strength.
When I do dose manually I put in half the amount, test and then add what ever is required to reach the desired amount.

hi, thing is i am trying to work out what option to select on the TFP pool math app, as it does not say any option for hydrochloric acid, but after more research i find this.... 20 degree baume solution of muriatic acid. is equivalent to approximately 31.5% hydrochloric acid.
the hydrochloric acid i got from bunnings is 25-30 percent, on the pool math i see 1 option that says, 31.45% - 20 Baume, as 20 Baume equals 31.5 % hydro acid thats the one i will select....i think i got it right

Muratic Acid is Hydrochloric Acid.

Next time purchase the Bondall branded acid from Bunnings as it is higher strength - 320g/L or 32% strength - Equates close enough to 20deg Baume.

You need less each time you add some to your pool due to the higher concentration as compared to lower concentrations so it will probably work out ever so slightly cheaper.. :)

Available in 500mL / 1L / 5L and 20L amounts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.