Pool Math........The App

Having a problem with the Weather Location feature. It correctly identifies my zip code but when I try to save I get the following error: "Did your phone go swimming?" We couldn't connect to the clouds, please check the weather and try again!

Can you close the App and try again

Can you close the App and try again
I had done that before with no change and then I logged out and logged in with the same result. Now, it is doing something different. It locates my zip as 33029 but when it saves it at 33023 and doesn't gives error, this is using the location icon. If I manually type 33029 and save it is now working it brings up the dialog to select the city which it says its Hollywood (Actually the city is Pembroke Pines but that is a common error on some databases).

Last edited:
Ohmygosh, I love the new update. Adding the weather tracker is AWESOME! Also I used the notes section all these months to track my chemicals and I like that it shows up in the overview of the logs. I see now that we can also log chems. Thank You!

I had done that before with no change and then I logged out and logged in with the same result. Now, it is doing something different. It locates my zip as 33029 but when it saves it at 33023 and doesn't gives error, this is using the location icon. If I manually type 33029 and save it is now working it brings up the dialog to select the city which it says its Hollywood (Actually the city is Pembroke Pines but that is a common error on some databases).

We use AccuWeather's API to get weather locations and conditions. It's likely they have your zip in the system listed as Hollywood. Unfortunately not much we can do about that one :(

I see that it is a problem with the AccuWeather's API. I use the AccuWeather app and confirmed that the problem is the API. Apparently, I've been getting my weather for my home incorrectly for a while now. There is a slight difference between my actual weather (33029) and Hollywood, FL 33023 we are just about 20 miles apart we are neighboring cities.

I see that it is a problem with the AccuWeather's API. I use the AccuWeather app and confirmed that the problem is the API. Apparently, I've been getting my weather for my home incorrectly for a while now. There is a slight difference between my actual weather (33029) and Hollywood, FL 33023 we are just about 20 miles apart we are neighboring cities.

It happens to me as well. If I let the weather apps “find” my location, they almost always default it to the City of Tucson weather. I’m in Pima County technically and closer to the Saguaro National Forrest so, being closer to the mountains, my temperatures are always 2-3F cooler than the Tucson temps.

Still, for general temperature patterns, winds, etc, it’s probably close enough. You could always buy one of the fancy weather stations, get an account on weather-underground and then we’ll bug Lee to add a weather-underground API to the app :poke:

This may be the cause of my issues as well. I created a google account just to log into the app but don't recall what I ultimately used for V1 of the app after the dust-up with using a social media account with the app. I thought I had switched over to using my TFP login info but now I don't remember.

Anyway.....how do I logout of V2 of the IOS Pool Math and is there a way to confirm *what* login credentials were used for V1 of the app?

The problem you’re describing sounds like a login error when you logged into version 2. If you can logout of the App and login again using the same details you used on version 1 it’s likely your information will be retrieved. If you used Google or Facebook to login on version 1 you MUST use this login again on this update.

Please try this and email me at [email protected] if you continue to have issues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The problem you’re describing sounds like a login error when you logged into version 2. If you can logout of the App and login again using the same details you used on version 1 it’s likely your information will be retrieved. If you used Google or Facebook to login on version 1 you MUST use this login again on this update.

Please try this and email me at [email protected] if you continue to have issues. We’ll get this fixed.
Lee

So I use 31% muriatic acid from the pool store. When trying to figure out my addition needs I only see the optional strength up to 29%.
404bfef2a6688c325b7e4a898dd02da8.jpg

So I use 31% muriatic acid from the pool store. When trying to figure out my addition needs I only see the optional strength up to 29%.
404bfef2a6688c325b7e4a898dd02da8.jpg

Use 20 Baume. The pool store calls it 31% but it’s very likely 31.45 and they’re just leaving off the last two decimals. The manufacturing process of making MA is pretty standard and it doesn’t usually produce concentrations outside the norms. In that process, the concentration is not measured directly, it’s usually the specific gravity of the resulting product. Exact concentration is only inferred from the specific gravity.

Love the app! Subscribed immediately.

This may have been covered, but I don’t see it - how do I get my targets to “stick” on each of the individual component pages? For example, on the ph page I keep changing target to 7.5, but it doesn’t stick and the next time I look, it is back to 7.4.

Thanks!

Well crud, looks like that may have reverted back for some reason. If my memory serves correct the only one that should revert to a default is your FC level. We did that as a safety net to make sure users never target a chlorine level that to low by mistake. Let me check this in the morning.

This glitch is inside of the code somewhere and can only get fixed during an update that’s pushed out on the App Store. For the next week or two we’re on hold as the developer is out of town at a conference for his work. Once he returns (and his wife lets him play again) we’ll look at things and see why this reverted back........plus we’ll likely add some new things. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.