Pool Math........The App

I am having problems adding log entries as well. Not only do I have the keyboard problem like you, my logs do not seem to be saved at all. Plus the only way to enter a new log seems to be to go to the LOGS tab. Though it acts like you are entering something, it does not save it. I am on an android phone.

Discovered what the problem was with adding an entry. The App was not setting to the current date and time when I was adding a log. When I updated with the new update, this was working again and the log was added with no problem. Still having problems getting the keyboard up without hitting the entry several times, but the app is working good.

How do I get this App? I have been searching but cannot find it

It is not out yet. They closed the beta last week and are working through the release cycle currently. I am waiting as well. :-D

Take a look at this link. It has a link to an Excel file with the format of the data. While I am waiting I am working on getting my data into this format so that I can import it into the app.

Last edited:
One bug I have found in the updated App.

I entered a pH =8. Button turns red, good. Click on button I have a pH=8 and a target pH = 7.4, good. I have a TA = 60, good.

What is bad is I have 31.45% Baume selected and the recommendations is 0 oz or None by volume to reach your target. Pool Math yields 0.4 ounces to reach target. Pool is actually a hot tub with 340 gallons of water. Maybe App is not working for small pools/Hot tubs yet?

One bug I have found in the updated App.

I entered a pH =8. Button turns red, good. Click on button I have a pH=8 and a target pH = 7.4, good. I have a TA = 60, good.

What is bad is I have 31.45% Baume selected and the recommendations is 0 oz or None by volume to reach your target. Pool Math yields 0.4 ounces to reach target. Pool is actually a hot tub with 340 gallons of water. Maybe App is not working for small pools/Hot tubs yet?

Thanks, this is a bug :)

We were doing some extra rounding we shouldn't have been in the case of lower calculated ounces of things. This will be fixed in the app store version!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Export Backup Bug Report - I am unable to export backup my data from my A1458 model iPad. I am able to export successfully from my iPhone 6S. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the problem. Making sure time and date stamp was available, as though logging a new entry, achieved the same result. (Grasping at straws, I know.)

Let me know what other information I can provide.

Bill

I think I've found a problem. Now that import functionality is available I wanted to import my data from spreadsheet I was keeping as it had many more data points, 118 from past year.

I went and deleted my existing pool and created new pool and imported. I noticed that app became very laggy in responsive. With only 118 data points I didn't expect this to be laggy.

I created an export and looked at it. There is only one pool in the extract but as I look at records there is 354 records. I verified this by looking for the times "Flowrate" and "TDS" occured. I was then able to look for duplicate timestamps for the records.

So first, I don't know if the issue is due to import or export creating multiple records.

Second, with either 118 imported the app should not be so slow and laggy, people with long history will really find app frustrating to use if it it's responsiveness slows after only so relatively few records.

I'm running latest Android version.

Also, as I scan through the "Logs" on my device I don't see any duplicates.

This file you imported, was it the one I had uploaded earlier in the thread or one you have used in the past using a different format?

Status Update:

iOS: We've submitted a new build to Apple for review. No promises that they won't find some reason to reject it and we'll have to start that process again, but we're close I think!

Android: There's just a bit more testing that needs to be done and we are considering making it live on the store after this. Originally we wanted to wait for iOS to be approved to launch together, but other than disappointing a few iOS users (sorry!) we can't think of many good reasons not to make Android users happy! ;)

Status Update:

iOS: We've submitted a new build to Apple for review. No promises that they won't find some reason to reject it and we'll have to start that process again, but we're close I think!

Android: There's just a bit more testing that needs to be done and we are considering making it live on the store after this. Originally we wanted to wait for iOS to be approved to launch together, but other than disappointing a few iOS users (sorry!) we can't think of many good reasons not to make Android users happy! ;)

Woohoo!!

Status Update:

Oh, good it should come out just in time for the iOS 11 upgrade!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.