Pool Math suggestion / Feature wish - Capture estimated chemical change in Chemical Addition Log

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I couldn’t find a dedicated Pool Math section, if there is one please let me know and I will repost it there.

It’s awesome to be able to track when I add chemicals, but it would be even more beneficial if it also logged what estimated change in chemistry would be based on your addition.

This way when I do my next test I can compare it against what it should have been at based on the addition.

Isn't that exactly what "Effects of Adding" Does?

View attachment 401529
Yes but it doesn’t log it, why wouldn’t you want to log the effects of adding your chemicals when you are doing the Log addition already.

In fact it would be even better if the log addition stated what you were currently at, and where you should be based on the addition.

You don't want to log it because you didn't actually test it.

While you can put in what PoolMath suggests, you can't guarantee you attained that goal without retesting.
It’s to keep track of what level you were at before you added the chemical and what it should have brought you to so that when you retest you want to confirm what you did aligns with what it was supposed to do instead of having to backtrack.

We’ve went back and forth on this idea and haven’t found a happy midpoint just yet. I do see benefits to having that estimate however there’s also so many variables involved that I’d worry some would use the estimation rather than testing. It’s an idea I personally like, we’ve just gotta do some thinking to make it work properly.

In the summary section it will give you the cumulative effect of all your logged additions based on the time frame you select - i find it helpful for tracking cya in my spa.
81CDBFE4-30D8-4689-8EE0-446B50566E56.jpegD9FD3511-D64F-41D1-B941-B72D145BFE8A.png

new user to pool math and I see what the OP is trying to say and I would have the same problem of always having to leave the logs page to check the effects of adding page. it would be nice to have the estimated change because I sometimes log the change before actually doing it. I didn't realize that the summary did that. I will have to play around more with the app.