Jan 15, 2021
Redwood City, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

I wonder what the best practice is for logging test values in Pool Math when you don’t test everything each time you do a water test. This time of year I test FC / CC and PH every other day, test TA once a week or two, and test CYA and CH every three or four weeks or so. Using LC and MA I don’t add anything to the pool that changes CYA and CH so these values don’t change much.

So the question is when logging measurements in Pool Math do you just log the actual measurements made and leave the rest blank, or do you log the current measurements and re-enter the past measurements (i.e. carry them forward) until the next time you retest the rest of the parameters?

To see the current CSI value you need to enter all the values so I have just been carrying past measurements forward when not measured in the latest test.

What are folks thoughts on this practice?

So the question is when logging measurements in Pool Math do you just log the actual measurements made and leave the rest blank
Yep.
To see the current CSI value you need to enter all the values so I have just been carrying past measurements forward when not measured in the latest test.
You don't have to re-enter the measurements for the CSI to track properly, it uses the last known measurements. You can also click on the CSI card and manually enter in measurements to see what the CSI would be. I do that sometimes when I know the pH is higher because I haven't measured it in a few days.

What are folks thoughts on this practice?
I wouldn't enter anything in unless I know for sure what it is right when I enter it.

I always leave them blank unless I test it. It’s designed to work like this. If you leave tests blank it lets you know when you last tested that item.

Nope. It will re-calculate a new CSI value if you update only a single test that affects CSI, even if all the other tests are left blank. For example, here I logged a new pH value, so it re-calculated the CSI.
3609020B-115F-45A5-9CF8-08B4B21F62D4.png

Reactions: Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.