Pool Math - "Ideal Ranges"

gibby

May 3, 2017
The Woodlands, TX
Hello friends,

Hope everyone is staying safe and well amidst all the covid stuff going on. Question regarding the Pool Math's ideal ranges. After a recent app update, the ideal ranges all seem high to me from everything I've read/learned on this site 3 years ago when we built our pool. I've always kept CH around 275-300 and PH in the 7.3-7.5 range. Now the apps recommend range for CH is 350-650 and PH is 7.6-7.8. So PH seems a little high, but CH seems outrageous to me. Thoughts on these changes and what you feel is the correct ranges?

Thanks in advance!

Gibby

This past winter a consortium of TFP experts, mods, etc reviewed user data from Poolmath and evolving views on pool surface management (primarily plaster pools) and modified the levels. The levels are designed such that if you stay within them, you will have long term plaster protection.

You, of course, can follow whatever range of chemistry levels you wish. TFP just puts out what has been determined to be in the best interest of the common residential pool owner.

Reactions: gibby
Thank you, mknauss! I re-read my post and I did not mean to sound so gruff with the "outrageous" comment, so I would like to apologize for that. I just meant the midpoint of the new ranges seemed very high to me as it's almost most double of what I've been maintaining my CH levels. I've found this site and it's members incredibly helpful over the the years. Greatly appreciate the feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.