Knoxville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
In my Taylor kit, the instructions for TA say that when borates are present, it will cause the TA measurement to read artificially high, and provides a borate correction multiplier to use to get the real carbonate alkalinity. So my question is whether the pool math app does that correction for me or whether I need to do that manually before I log my TA level in the app.

As long as you are tracking borates, Poolmath manages all corrections needed when using the information to create CSI, calculation of chemistry adjustments, etc.

Reactions: Bperry and proavia
So in the app now, my TA before borates were added was 80ppm and now it’s reading 90 and borates reading 30ppm. So as I add acid to lower the pH and TA over time, should I treat it as if the TA will always read 10ppm higher than it really is? I’d like TA to be closer to 70 and so I’m curious how much I should fiddle with it to keep my CSI negative. The pool really likes to be at pH7.8

Edit: I guess it’s not a simple 10ppm delta. It’s 90TA - (7.8pH x.24)= 82.8ppm TA.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.