Pool math app warning to all

Apr 28, 2015
Las Vegas Nevada
A warning for those of you that choose to try the beta of the pool math....

Do not under any circumstances put your smart phone in your shirt pocket while attempting to get your water sample. I learned the hard way that my IPhone 7 wanted to test the water itself. ? Not saying that the app had anything to do with it but it is a beta version so maybe ?

For all of you that are wondering, my phone survived the dip in the pool ? but it didn't obtain the test results so I think I may have found a bug ? It was only in there for a second or two while I watched it starting to sink maybe I should have left it in longer.

Actually I jumped in after it and grabbed it before it hit the bottom. I shook the water off it then powered it off and my wife put in front of a fan for 4 hours. No damage to be seen and I am writing this tale on it as I speak.

I hope you learned something from my mistake and enjoyed my story.

iPhone 7 is waterproof :paddle:

Or water resistant I think they say....

"iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty."

Oooo, that's nasty. Could have been worse though. I'm told that lots of phones kept in the back pocket end up in the toilet. I'd would prefere to retrieve a phone from my pool any day.

Wasted,

That is why I upgraded my Wife and I to Samsung S7's. I figured there were still some bugs in the Pool Math App, and a thus there was a possibility of dunking the phones. I understand that the developer is concentrating on the easier tasks of incorporating more actual math in Pool Math before addressing the major bugs like slippery shirt pockets. Hopefully bugs like this and the picking of correct lottery numbers will be fixed in coming versions. :p

I use my iPhone 7 in the pool all the time. Great for controlling Sonos and lights while swimming. I can take underwater videos and then AirPlay them on the big TV later. (underwater pics are trickier - it doesn't like to focus)

I don't take it into the deep end though. When a buddy of mine noticed my caution, he said, "ah, you're crazy - it's waterproof, watch this:" He dropped it in at the top of the slope and we watched it slide (on plaster) 8 feet down. He then dove to retrieve it and sent me a text message.

The next day Mr. Showoff called me to tell me that his internal speakers stopped working! The eventually started to work again, but my phone still stays in the shallow end only.

DISCLAIMER: TFP and any of its subsidiaries will be held harmless in the event of any mishaps while beta testing is in progress. Please visit our restricted access area for Beta Testers ONLY we refer to as Area 51. Answer the 5 security questions in reverse order and you will be issued our latest top secret development for combating this problem. Code Name:.............BUTTON!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.