Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am an EXCEL addict and would love to have my test results from Pool Math App to EXCEL so that I can plot them, produce trend lines, etc. Is this a feature being considered? Comma delimited would be great since it would be much easier to implement.

BTW... wonderful App! The only criticisms I currently have with it is:
1) Having to have an Internet connection to save data (when I walk to my pool, I am out of WiFi service. I have to learn to walk back into WiFi service and reenter all my data)
2) Not having a manual/faq sheet that tells the user what functions are available and how to get to them (I personally feel this is a disservice to the developer since he works so hard to add features that no one will know is there or how to use them)

Reactions: PoolBrews
I am sure @Leebo @redth will add your request to their long list.

Operating without being online and having a manual/faq has been requested before.

It’s a back and forth dichotomy concerning a set of instructions. Do you make detailed instructions for users of the App knowing they’ll be rendered useless at the next update as you add new features OR do you add new features and let users find them on their own knowing full well you’re making things slightly harder than they should be?? To date we’ve went option B. We’ve kinda focused so far on making new hoping enough users will tinker and find stuff. Clearly this isn’t ideal but it’s what we’ve decided. In the future we do plan on taking a step back and creating a guide to use the App, it’s just a matter of doing it.

As for your Excel request........
It’s already there and in there are detailed instructions in the PoolMath thread somewhere. ? Unfortunately I believe they’re dated however as during the last update we moved some things around. ??‍♂️ If you go to the setup menu (the gear in the upper right) and scroll alllll the way down you’ll see an option to “Export All Test Logs.” Click that and it’ll export all your test results to a csv file. We’ve tinkered with adding chemical additions to the list as well, just never have as we keep forgetting. ?

Leebo,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to find the EXCEL option. That is exactly what I was asking for.

Now for the instructions, of course over time things will change as the APP matures. However the best way to sell subscriptions to the App is to get people motivated to use and brag about the App. How do you get people motivated to pay for a subscription? Tell them about all the cool capabilities of the App!

Now here is the compromise. Instead of writing detailed instructions on how to use and find features in the App. Start a Forum Thread, that is stickyed at the top, entitled "Pool Math App Features and Functions". In that first page of the thread list all the cool features that the App can do for a person. Notice I did not say write any detailed instructions on how to get to those features or utilize them. Just a list of all the features. Let your excellent group of board users write responses to that thread describing how to find or utilize a feature when others ask. Very little work on your part. Great advertisement on what the App can do for you. Bragging rights for the developer. And a single spot where the App users can come to learn what features are available and how to get to them through other user support. Win...win.

As New Features are added, list them as New Features (date) and just list them again. Let the adventurous hunt down how to use and find them so that they can guide others.

** No matter what you decide. Great Board. Great App. Great group of people! **

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.