Pool Math App & Chemical Inventory?

schalliol

Silver Supporter
Mar 3, 2020
Carmel, IN, USA
I’m BRAND new to pool care and just ran my first TP-100 weekly test. Is there a good way to store an inventory of how much chemicals you have on hand?

It seems like it would be a great feature to have in the TFP Pool Math App. You could add inventory when you buy and have it auto reduce when you follow the guidance from the app. It might serve to predict when you could run low. It could even be a great way to help a partner if you buy chemicals from a TFP supporter.

If there’s no way to do that, then does anyone have a good recommendation for keeping inventory?

I'll let @Leebo expand on the programming side of what you are asking since programming changes come with a significant price tag, so he has to evaluate the cost with the overall benefit to the forum members. But I will say that most of our pool chemicals are purchased in relatively small "as-needed" supplies so that we don't end-up with products that have expired or become wasteful. Liquid chlorine/regular bleach is probably the best example of that since chlorine has a limited service life. Muriatic acid doesn't really go bad, but because it is such a volatile product, people don't usually store lots of it, maybe a couple gallons or so. The other products like baking soda, soda wash, salt, etc, might be kept on-hand in small amounts like one box/bag or so, but not a large inventory that might be difficult to manage.

But let's see what others have to say and perhaps we can build on the discussion. Thanks for your suggestion. Have a good day. :swim:

Sounds good! That does all make sense, and I do understand you don’t want a massive amount of these. That’s actually why I’m wanting to track inventory so I can keep just what I need on hand without lacking what I’ll need. If most of it could be kept in large quantities, I’d just buy a bunch and not worry about it. Thanks, and I look forward to further thoughts!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.