Pool Mate Liquid Stabilizer

Jun 1, 2015
LI, New York
I found what I thought was a good deal on a gallon of liquid stabilizer (brand was Pool Mate). But it came out of the bottle as sort of a white sludge and if I remember correctly it should have truly been a liquid. Furthermore, when I tested the water 24 hours later, the CYA had barely moved. Does this stuff degrade over time? Did I buy old stock?

Yup, it is a very viscous sludgey liquid. I can't imagine how one would use less than the entire gallon since you have to be able to dump in that last sludge from the bottom of the jug.

That's how it is. I think it will show up in a day or two of testing.

Maddie :flower:

Shake the bottle well several times during pouring, and then rinse the bottle in the pool when done. You will notice white flakes settling on the Pool bottom. Give the Pool a good brushing, which also helps mix the CYA in. Even with liquid, it can take several days to fully show up on a test. Dose your chlorine as if you are at your new CYA number.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.