Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Does TFP ever post a member map of all it's members and their pool demographics (size, SWG, etc)? *Region level not detailed maps of course

It would be cool to see if say AZ had an average size of 10k gallons and 50% SWG whereas Iowa was 40K gallons but 5% SWG.

Just random neat stuff like that?

Does TFP ever post a member map of all it's members and their pool demographics (size, SWG, etc)? *Region level not detailed maps of course

It would be cool to see if say AZ had an average size of 10k gallons and 50% SWG whereas Iowa was 40K gallons but 5% SWG.

Just random neat stuff like that?
Colleges now offer data analytic degrees. It would be great if someone knew a grad student that needed a project for either his graduation or a master’s degree. Your idea could be a real challenge and would provide some interesting data.

I actually would be happy to do this myself if TFP wanted to provide me with anonymized data!

I can create it and set it up so that TFP could embed it in their site.

I do data analytics and visualization for my full time job (when I'm not trying to figure out how to get my intellicenter setup properly of course) :p

I actually would be happy to do this myself if TFP wanted to provide me with anonymized data!

I can create it and set it up so that TFP could embed it in their site.

I do data analytics and visualization for my full time job (when I'm not trying to figure out how to get my intellicenter setup properly of course) :p
Interesting. My thought with working with a university and a graduate student, there would be a formal contract with terms to address privacy rights, any patent rights, control of data being accessed, etc. I have my work hat on and know how we have worked with universities which are a great body for vetting out new ideas and concepts.
Maybe the TFP admin group will consider it.
Good Luck.

If you went that route it would require so much paperwork, then an advisory professor, depending how strict they are an IRB (but probably not).

I'd just take the data with all the pool specs and the county, state, country for each entry and leave it at that.

No identifiable data.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.