Pool liner

Jul 2, 2014
Upstate NY
I have a pool liner that is about 14 years old. It came with the house. I opened and cleared the water for the 4rh year. The liner's pattern at the deep end is non existent. There is a patch from previous owner due to a dropped tablet. There is a big sink hole near the stairs. Smaller sink holes are all over as well. The darn thing continues to hold water. I am thinking about getting a new liner but this one has no leaks and I never have to worry about bleaching it becuse it's already bleached. The pool plumbing works great. What do you all think? If it ain't broke don't fix it?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a picture of it.
Shared album - Markus Parlov - Google Photos

That is so funny. This is exactly me too. Every year I look at her and go yep she will split for sure. But nope, I brush it, chlorinate it, vacuum it...nothing. Then I close it and say yep next year there will be no water there. But I am wrong.

It could be more likely that it will pop out of the track rather than split. but anything is possible.

When I bought my house 2 years ago, the liner was 23 years old!

It had popped out of liner track in the deep end right after it was put on the market
so the previous owner drained it half way down and just let the water go green.

That was one of the reasons I'm sure it sat unsold for 2 months before I jumped
at the opportunity.

I'll do the same for this new liner, no replacement til it fails.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.