Pool liner just broke apart, what to do?

jfjhfjvss

Oct 25, 2020
Orlando
I don't even know what kind of liner I have honestly. It looks like vinyl since there's this thin layer that came off in a perfect circle, but I thought it was plaster beforehand. Have only had this house/pool for 4 years so no idea what was done before.

A few questions:

1) What kind of liner do I have?
2) How urgent is fixing this? I was about to go on vacation for 3 weeks but don't want to come back to a pool that's been drained because the liner is busted. How much time do I have here?
3) I assume this is a full replacement for the whole pool and not something to patch. Right?
4) What kind of liner should I be replacing this with?

Thanks, freaking out a bit coming home to see this.

Attachments

• PXL_20240522_182802228.jpg
    PXL_20240522_182802228.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20240522_182829923.jpg
    PXL_20240522_182829923.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 21
I don't even know what kind of liner I have honestly. It looks like vinyl since there's this thin layer that came off in a perfect circle, but I thought it was plaster beforehand. Have only had this house/pool for 4 years so no idea what was done before.

A few questions:

1) What kind of liner do I have?
2) How urgent is fixing this? I was about to go on vacation for 3 weeks but don't want to come back to a pool that's been drained because the liner is busted. How much time do I have here?
3) I assume this is a full replacement for the whole pool and not something to patch. Right?
4) What kind of liner should I be replacing this with?

Thanks, freaking out a bit coming home to see this.
That's a large blister in what appears to be a Pebble Tech pool that has lost a large section of the pebble coating. Concrete shell.

How urgent is getting this repaired? Is this something that can be repaired or does it need a full replacement?
Just to make clear; your pool does not have a liner. This pebbletec is similar to a plaster. Repair and replacement will be both quite expensive (several $10k's) and time consuming. I'm sorry for your loss here. Do you know anything about the original install timeframe? If this is true Pebbletec, there's a fairly good warranty.

It sounds like it was installed 18-19 years ago, so probably out of any warranty at this point.

I called Pebble Tec and they assured me the PebbleTec is just a surface finish and that the pool won't leak just because it has come off, but it does likely need to be replaced completely if it is that old.

Reactions: reggiehammond
Yeah I grabbed some of the chunks and it's very hard/rigid. This is definitely pebble tec or a similar technology. Thanks everyone for the help.

I'll need to call up and get some estimates here and yeah sounds like I should be thinking this is in the tens of thousands of dollars worth of repair work here. Bummer, but at least the pool isn't going to drain while I'm on vacation so I can enjoy that and deal with this later. :)