Hello,

We're having a lot of trouble with getting our pool liner back in it's track. Two different pool repair companies have said that they cannot pull it back up to get in its track. They were simply trying to pull it back up into place (no boiling water and no water behind the liner). In the first photo (below) you can see me pulling the liner up as far as it will go. As you can see, we're about 8 inches short of putting it back in its track. We've tried boiling water, but that didn't stretch it any way near what we need.

Now, we're considering filling the pool almost to the brim and then dipping the liner into the pool to get as much water as we can behind the liner to give us more slack. Does anyone know if this will work? Or have any ideas what will work?

The second photo shows how much of the liner has come down.

For reference, our pool is an oval shape, 44 feet long, 19 feet wide, 8 feet deep at the deep end.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Now, we're considering filling the pool almost to the brim and then dipping the liner into the pool to get as much water as we can behind the liner to give us more slack. Does anyone know if this will work? Or have any ideas what will work?
Definitely do NOT do this. It will not work and will make the situation worse.

The liner is 10 years old. It's not ripped anywhere, nor does it have holes, but we think that the installers didn't get the liner any slack at all when they installed it, because it's started pulling away from it's track after about a couple of years.
In the BEST situation, a liner will last 12-15yrs. Given the visual look of the liner, it is beyond its useful life. If it pulled away after a couple of years, it may have been measured, or installed incorrectly. However, give the current condition of the liner, I have to concur with Maddie. That liner is not recoverable.

I know it is not what you want to hear, but vinyl liners, like plaster are consumable items.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.