Pool Liner and Chlorine Tab

newtothepoolworld

Jun 10, 2021
Illinois
We just moved to a house with a below ground pool. I didn’t notice but I dropped a chlorine tab into the deep end (10 feet). It sat there over 10 hours. There is a white mark in the pool where it was. Did I ruin the liner could there be a hole there now? Thank you for all the help.

Welcome to the forum!
There most likely is not a hole, yet. It has permanently stained the liner. The liner also could be degraded there. So it is a more likely place for a hole in the future.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Brand new to the pool world and I need help! I live in the Suburbs of Chicago. Our pool is 3 feet to 10 feet and 28,000 gallons. I have already screwed up. I dropped a chlorine tablet into our pools deep end last night and didn’t notice. It sat on the liner for at least 10 hours. There is a white spot now on the liner. Could there be holes or a tear in it as well? I can’t see because it’s so far down. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

There are patches you can put on liners, but I can't tell you how because I don't know the details. It might help cover that area for extra protection though?

Perhaps someone else will chime in on the details?

Maddie :flower:

Hard to say. Only if a device or brush catches it wrong. You left something extremely acidic on the vinyl. Low pH makes the vinyl brittle.
Thank you. I’m so mad at myself.
There are patches you can put on liners, but I can't tell you how because I don't know the details. It might help cover that area for extra protection though?

Perhaps someone else will chime in on the details?

Maddie :flower:
Thank you for the advice. I will do some research. I Just have no idea how to get down that far to patch it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.