Pool Light Trouble

vegaskev

Jul 20, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
New pool owner here. I've attached a picture of the "switch" for my pool light. We just purchased the house a few weeks ago. The first night we went swimming, I was able to turn the pool light on. The next night I wasn't. A few nights later I tried again and a piece of the switch came off. I was able to put the switch back on, but it still hasn't been able to turn the pool light back on.

This thing seems pretty flimsy and it is either unreliable or I simply don't know how to use it properly. Does anyone have any experience with this type of pool light switch? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

pool-light-switch.jpg

That is an old X10 remote control switch. It can be replaced with a standard light switch if desired. I used those many years ago. Remote control tech has changed over the years.

Thanks for the help! I was unsuccessful with google, your tip was much appreciated.

As for switching to a standard light switch, what would be some other options that you would recommend I explore before I spend the time buying and installing a light switch? I'm 100% okay with changing it, but being new to this, maybe their are alternatives to a light switch. Maybe like a timer dial or... well actually those are the only two I could think of. Just trying to get all ideas before I commit to something. Gotta feed my OCD.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.