Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi there
I have a pool light that seems to have recently failed, but I am unable to figure out how to remove it to identify it. Any tips or tricks to either identify (so I can order a replacement) or to remove it (so I can read the nameplate)?
The pool light is a white (led I am pretty sure) running of a 12VAC transformer. At my junction box I only see a white and black wire coming from the pool to the transformer (no ground etc).
I have attached two photo's - one which has a measuring tape held over it for perspective - the pool light itself seems 2 inches in diameter, but including the white ring its 3.5"
It looks to have two notches that I have marked in red. My hunch purely by watching some videos is that this maybe a Pentair GloBrite and requires a special tool to remove and install?

Inkedlight.jpglight-withmeasurement.jpg

Pentair Globrite has those notches. You can use two screwdrivers to turn the light the small amount to release it. Tie a pull cord to the wires at the junction box before pulling out the light.

Reactions: arib0nd
Pentair Globrite has those notches. You can use two screwdrivers to turn the light the small amount to release it. Tie a pull cord to the wires at the junction box before pulling out the light.
I finally got it off using some needle nose pliers, I actually have an nextstep mb-100. It looks like this is a discontinued product but based on a manual I found online it fits into a 1.5 inch fitting.
The Florida sunseeker light should work, so I've ordered it and will install it when I receive it.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.