Pool Light Hole Cover

Here's what we wound up doing

44f98ac1f49e68f08b12e909209795aa.jpg

Had a piece of plexiglass made within a couple hours for $35. Unfortunately, there evidently is a small leak letting water into the niche, but our tenants (the house is a rental) were swimming before Memorial Day and that's all that mattered. I was just being anal about the wires sticking out. Although the lines aren't connected, it just makes me nervous.

Oh! And btw, I sent a msg to the folks at poolcenter.com with pics of our niche (showing numbers) and asked if we could just get the lens, or if there were any other economical solutions.

The reply I recd:
"There is allot of light niches out there. Lights are not something that is easy for a DIY project. Electricity and pool lights are something you should advise a pool tech to install. They are also expensive to replace. There are some nice upgrades to low volt and LED lights on the market now."

Gee, that was helpful. Lol!

Oh! And btw, I sent a msg to the folks at poolcenter.com with pics of our niche (showing numbers) and asked if we could just get the lens, or if there were any other economical solutions.

The reply I recd:
"There is allot of light niches out there. Lights are not something that is easy for a DIY project. Electricity and pool lights are something you should advise a pool tech to install. They are also expensive to replace. There are some nice upgrades to low volt and LED lights on the market now."

Gee, that was helpful. Lol!

Yep. We're all morons who couldn't possibly replace a pool light. Not easy, sure; but not out of the scope of possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know right!
Just like they told me there was NO way we could patch and paint, much less resurface, our pool ourselves. Given, still holding our breath for about 3 more weeks, but so far so good!
Sorta feel like I've broken the sacred code and the pool god is going to punish us by never being able to find shock or bleach ever again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.