Pool light help - can this be repaired?

Lucyindisguise

Aug 15, 2021
Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I have a Fiberstars FS4 that has never worked since I bought my house a few years ago. I don’t really know where to start troubleshooting to see what might be wrong.
D4A72C8E-A1FD-4732-A80F-22428E807FD2.jpeg
Is this broken? If so, how do I fix it? Do I put the fiber back in the hole in the box and start troubleshooting inside the box?

8B320F9F-EF92-4FFF-B736-9667D5DBA23D.jpeg95C16DC9-F783-46D4-9EBD-E0D681287D0E.jpegI’m having my pool remodeled in a few weeks and would like to have a working light when it’s finished. I can’t find very much information for this light. I have found a diagram and parts list for the parts inside the box but nothing about where the fiber goes or how it works or how to know what part to replace. Any help provided is very much appreciated!

Your best option is to replace it with LED lights…

Conversion is a matter of taking the old illuminator off, pulling out the fiber, pulling new wires through the existing conduit to the pool and then wiring it back up so you can use the same 120 power that’s already there for the illuminator. You put in the new lights in the existing niche at the pool wall, and then you’re back in business with LED lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.