pool light flickers

jls667

Sep 30, 2012
My pool bulb blew. I replaced it and the new bulb flickers. I used a new gasket. I tested the bulb in an inside fixture. I used a multimeter to make sure that I was getting 120volts. I bypassed the pool light relay on the pool computer to make sure it was not the relay. My other two pool lights are working normally. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have two pool lights and one spa light. There must be an intermediate junction box to connect the pool lights together. Where is this junction box typically located? My deck is concrete with bricks on top.

I don't see how you could use a pool light fixture as a connnecting junction box. Pool light fixtures are under water.

I agree. But people are people and if you don't see it somewhere else...

It is hard to say a typical installation will have x here and y there because of all the variables that go into our pools and yards. Best practice should be all junctions are done at the pad.

All bulbs seem to flicker in the spa socket. I still get 115 volts on my multimeter and the bulbs work on a known lamp inside. I still think that I am missing an intermediate junction box somewhere around the pool.

It turns out that I had several intermediate junction boxes. I found the right one and installed a new fixture. My previous fixture must have been bad. The company could not give me any explaination for the flickering.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.