Pool light advice

nvgopher

Jul 4, 2023
Las Vegas
I have a 30 year old pool and spa with Pacfab Hatteras style lights. The epoxy resin on both lights has started to fail and I'm debating on my next move.

I am considering the intellibrite 5g color for both. Obviously cost is high, but I'm comfortable doing the install. Will these fit in these niches or are adapters needed? I'm struggling to find clear info on that aspect.

Would you go a different route with lighting?

Thanks in advance!

Seems like a common issue with these lights..I have three in my pool, similar age, and one experienced the melting potting compound issue last year.

I replaced it with a standard Pentair Amerlite fixture with an incandescent bulb. The fixture fit perfectly in the old Pacfab niche and was easy to install.

For now I'll stick with incandescent bulbs (rarely use the pool lights anyways), but will likely have to switch to LED bulbs in the future. At least screw-in LED bulbs are relatively inexpensive to replace (vs LED driver boards for Intellibrite and similar fixtures).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.