Pool leaking

Gilda

Dec 12, 2021
CA
I had a leak detection come out to find my leak...My pool leak is causing the problem my pool is 40K gallons. The pool has been leaking for quite some time,& I need to fix it soon..He found bout 26 tiles with hairline cracks the other side of the pool the same tiles have been falling off after they have been repaired twice before.. there is a crack in the bead bed behind these tiles that keep falling off. They found a leak in the deep end near the tiles too.
There suggestion was to replace all the tile, & when all the tile is off prepare the the bead bed properly ie any cracks etc. take care of them, & then retile..
I just would like some feed back if this is what the correct step to take to fix this problem.
The area where the tiles have fallen off the bead bed was filled in, but the tiles still fell off after awhile. I was wondering if those 26 tiles that have the hair line cracks if they can be treated with a clear water proof caulking, & where the the tiles are that have been previously fixed before redo that bond beading again, & fix the area in the deep end too. The pool has a sand filter It is an unground pool it is fiberglass.

Please advise ASAP...Appreaciate all feedback

Post some pics of the problem tile areas and bond beam cracks. Also pics of your deck and coping.

The root cause of what you describe is often an expansion joint problem between the deck and coping. If you don’t address the root cause you will have the problem again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.