Pool Leak

I don't think an aquador will work on this type of skimmer.

If I'm looking at the plumbing right you have a 3-way valve that will isolate the skimmers from each other. That's a good thing.

I'd run the bucket test with everything open, with the pump running and with it stopped.
If it leaks more with it running than with it stopped your leak is most likely on the discharge side of the pump.
If it leaks more stopped then it's likely on the suction side.

Then if it leaks the same amount or less when running, I'd close one skimmer and plug the port in the bottom of it and run the bucket test again.
If the leak doesn't change, switch skimmers and run it again.

I agree with the others here, if it leaks significantly more when the pump is running, it most likely has nothing to do with the suction side (skimmers, suction side plumbing, etc.) and is likely in the return (pressure side) plumbing. I think this is not common. If you did have a suction side leak, it would likely draw air into system when running, indicated by air in your pump basket, and likely only lose water when the pump was not running.

Definitely time to quantify the leak rate with and without the pump on!

Well guys I called some pool guys and I ended up coughing up $275 the leak was a hair line in the skimmer which I couldn't catch, I learned that you really have to stick the dye really into the crack to be able to see it, I didn't have the dye close enough and didn't really look closely when I was testing it. Lesson learned I guess. The leak was in the skimmer that was told to be the bad skimmer. He suggest I replace the skimmer he told me it's ready to be replaced, But said a patch can hold for possibly a few months. The leak was on the rim of the skimmer. He gave me a 30day Guarentee on that leak and a 1 year guarantee on the rest of the pool. I hope I won't have to call him back.

Thank you everyone for trying to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.