Pool Leak ?

TmkemD

In The Industry
Sep 12, 2021
Raleigh, NC
We are pretty convinced we have a leak somewhere - water levels are dropping 3/4-1 inch in 24 hours. Leak finder company didn't find anything with the pipes but not convinced he knew what he doing since all of our spa water drained out as soon as he left (and he had no idea why that would happen). We have a gelatin like area in the back of the yard. Our pavers seem to be wet in between and we haven't had rain recently. We know the sheer descents are leaking but not sure if that would cause that much water loss. Here are a few pictures. Our pool is brand new and getting the builders attention on any of it is nearly impossible. Going on a 12 month build. Just looking for any advice here on what could be going on. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7272.JPG
    IMG_7272.JPG
    535.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7271.JPG
    IMG_7271.JPG
    837.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7261 2.JPG
    IMG_7261 2.JPG
    734.1 KB · Views: 13
Got their money and ran huh? Why am I not surprised? Ugh. Well, the amount of loss i 24 hrs combined with the moisture you're seeing in the yard and under the pavers certainly warrant a good, thorough leak detection inspection. A good tech will pressurize the system and listen with sensitive hearing equipment like deck plates to pinpoint a potential leak within just a few inches. You don't want guesswork digging that's for sure. I would stay on that builder as much as possible. Try to keep a good attitude and not lose it over the phone which could destroy what little communication you may have for them to m=get back out and follow-up.

Got their money and ran huh? Why am I not surprised? Ugh. Well, the amount of loss i 24 hrs combined with the moisture you're seeing in the yard and under the pavers certainly warrant a good, thorough leak detection inspection. A good tech will pressurize the system and listen with sensitive hearing equipment like deck plates to pinpoint a potential leak within just a few inches. You don't want guesswork digging that's for sure. I would stay on that builder as much as possible. Try to keep a good attitude and not lose it over the phone which could destroy what little communication you may have for them to m=get back out and follow-up.
Thanks for responding! It is really frustrating. New customers who haven't made their 'big payments' yet are definitely prioritized.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.