Pool Leak

Jun 24, 2017
Dallas,TX
Hello,

My pool level dropped about an inch in a couple of days last week. We have not noticed leaking near the equipment at all. I did have a new Polaris pump installed and it did drop below freezing previous to leak. I filled the pool added extra bleach, put pucks in the pool and shut the filter off to see if it made a difference, it did not. We did have a leak once in summer, it was easy to detect, the ground was wet by the pool. We have gotten a lot of rainfall, the ground its wet everywhere. Also, we did have a stump ground about 18 inches or so, maybe the pipe got knicked and the freeze made it crack? How deep are the pipes suppose to be? He knicked our electrical pipe that was only about 3 inches deep. The hole is still there as we are fixing the pipe. We are going out of town, I am filling the pool again, no freeze in the forecast. Should I put the pump back on, I was afraid the pressure might make things worse. Adding water to pool again and suppose to go out of town for a few days, how should I proceed?

Thank you!

Can you see the plumbing pipe in the current hole? Check for evaporation vs leak with a bucket test. Partially fill a bucket with pool water and set it on the middle step. Mark the water level on the inside of the bucket. On the outside of the bucket mark the pool water level. Let the bucket sit undisturbed24-48 hours and mark the water levels again. If the difference in water lost outside the bucket is greater than the water lost inside the bucket you have a leak. If the amount of water lost is roughly the same the loss is due to evaporation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.