Pool is cloudy after chlorine shock

Apr 2, 2017
Corona
Hello All,

My pool very bad algae as i was out for a month and no one maintained the pool.

i shocked my pool with 10 bags of chlorine shock (shock from costco) and ran the pump.

now the algae has gone but the pool is still cloudy and chlorine is 0.

I added a gallon of liquid chlorine everyday and ran the pump for 8 hours still the cloudiness has not gone.

yesterday i added 2 gallons of liquid chlorine/bleach and ran the pump for 8 hours and still the same.

how much ever chlorine i add, it is going away in one single night and cloudiness is not going away.

Please help me to remove the cloudy water.

My pool sized is 23000 gallons.

Ph, Alkanity, cyanuric acid and everything are in level, except the free chlorine and total chlorine and i am adding that every evening to keep the algae away.

What should i do now?

Aariff

ok I will shock the pool until it is clear and run the pump all time.

Thanks.
Welcome to the site.

All due respect, but that is not what they suggested. They said you need to S.L.A.M. it. Get yourself a recommended test kit and follow the advice in the links provided above and in my signature.

For a 23,000 gallon pool, the FC provided by a single gallon of 12.5% liquid chlorine is under 6ppm. That is nowhere near SLAM level, especially if there is already stabilizer in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.