Pool is clear, but is this Mustard Algae ?

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
I maintain my pool chemicals using BBB and I have been keeping the Chlorine between 3-6 ppm.
My CYA is 40, my TA is 100 and my PH was up around 7.8 and I lowered it to 7.4 with acid.
The pool is clear overall but we have had a lot of rain recently and I had to drain some water to avoid overflow.
Since then, I am noticing these spots here and there in the pool, I wipe it away but they seem to come back along the walls and the bottom
of the pool where the bottom meets the sides. I currently am slamming the pool. I don't see any chlorine level on this page for Mustard Algae.
I live in PA and it has been very hot of late (high 80's, low 90's) and my yard is in full sun the majority of the day.

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

G

MustardAlgae.png

If you have mustard algae, you do a normal SLAM Process then raise the FC to mustard algae level for 24 hours. Then maintain an elevated FC for a period of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.