Pool heater

brasilmom

Jul 23, 2011
Brookfield, WI
Hello everyone

Last year we had a small problem with our heater, which would not let me raise the temperature. After doing a bit of clean up, it worked again. This year it did the same. I was able to raise the temperature a bit but no more. The display works perfectly fine, I just cannot change the temperature at all, either higher or lower. I am not sure if I would be able to find parts, and it so, which part I would need. So, I do not plan to do anything this year, but perhaps next year invest in a new and more efficient heater. Currently we have natural gas, and I think it has worked well. I saw a Pentair model 460737 that appears to be very efficient, but want to ask here. Also, what do you think is wrong with the heater I have?

Thanks. Be well

Miriam

All th folks here who know and work on pool heaters recommend Raypak natural gas heaters. What kind of heater do you have now that needs fixing?

I do not know anything about pool heaters, except that I need one. I checked some Pentair and Hayward, and some seem very efficient. What can you all tell me about the Raypak and what kind would be ideal for a 36,000 or so gallons in ground pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.