Pool Heater: 120v versus 240v

Jun 24, 2017
York/PA
Just purchased a Jandy Jxi natural gas pool heater.

It gives the option to connect via 120v or 240v. It comes from the factory set up for 240v, but it is a simple job to flip a card around to convert to 120v.

It has no internal pump. The only thing being powered is the logic boards, the igniter, exhaust blower, and perhaps a gate that closes on the VersaFlow Bypass.

Is there any practical reason why I would want to connect via 240v versus 120v, or should I base it on whatever is easiest and available in the breaker box?

Thanks!
Chris

Electrically speaking, devices wired at 240V traditionally operate more efficiently than devices wired at 120V. I don’t have any direct knowledge of the system your are referring to rather I just wanted to give a little electrical advice.

It just gives you the option of using whichever voltage is available on your equipment pad. Gas heaters use very little electricity (no blowers, no pumps, just the electronics to ignite and control the gas) so there's no tangible benefit to using one over the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.