Pool Guy Quotes

I've heard other folks in the store asking them about bleach and the stock answer is "It's not recommended". No explanation of why, or even who is not doing the recommending.
Oh, that's an easy one - The store owner is the one doing the "recommending" and the why is that it reduces the size/number of deposits to their bank account.

It's not his job to recommend products from another store's shelf. ;)
No, but if they have to lie to get people to buy from their shelves then they run a pretty shady business. It is quite easy to say "it will work but our product is more concentrated so there is less to carry and comes in a convenient case. We also stand by the freshness of our product, sometimes what seems like a good price isn't because the product is old and lost some strength." Not that hard to be truthful and still make a sale.

I have to jump in here.

"Yes your pool is green, but look how clear it is!"

"Salt water systems are maintenance free - just plug them and your done (of course he had it wired for the wrong voltage)"

"You can definitely paint a pool when it is drizzling - it's waterproof paint after all" Paint blisters in a week.

"I never need to test a pool I'm maintaining - I've been doing this so long I just look and can tell what to do"

"Pool motor capacitors rarely burn out and if they do, they won't make any noise when you plug them in. It's always the bearings that are frozen" - My answer ---Maybe take off the end cap and see if the motor spins, hmmm, how could it be frozen bearings? Usually capacitor provides power to "kick" motor over so you will get humming and no turning. Maybe it's because capacitor is $40 bucks on Digikey and your trying to sell me a $450 motor replacement?

"Number one rule - if the water looks clear, it's safe to swim"

I'll think of more later...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.