Pool green for over a year.

You may be right but I think a couple good sized drains may be in the immediate future.
With the bromide in the water that is needed based on what others said earlier in the thread. Does she know how deep the shallow end is (assuming with 42k there is a shallow and deep end)?

Reactions: TexEdmond
Probably need to get all the “gunk” off the bottom, raise CYA to 30, then SLAM. All that chlorine with 0 CYA and a lot of organics means a lot of wasted chlorine. I’m assuming there is still 0 CYA?
90% of gunk should be gone tomorrow. It would be easy if I wasn't vacuuming 'blind'. CYA is ineffective with bromide in the water.

Reactions: CraigChing

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
90% of gunk should be gone tomorrow. It would be easy if I wasn't vacuuming 'blind'.
Keep at it and do the best you can. The gunk is eating your FC so much less goes to fighting the water. When i got the last of mine out, I watched the pool go blue in minutes. It was cloudy and still took a while, but the green went quickly.

Keep at it and do the best you can. The gunk is eating your FC so much less goes to fighting the water. When i got the last of mine out, I watched the pool go blue in minutes. It was cloudy and still took a while, but the green went quickly.
I thought the green was mostly gone until I started to vacuum to waste today. There are no bottom drains in this pool. I've been leaving the vacuum head upside down in the deep end to get some circulation down there.

Reactions: Brian Malone
The yard has quite a bit of slope so I can drain to a low spot & maybe drain 2.5 feet? That would be about 1/3 of the water.
The pool school article recommends leaving at least 12" in shallow end to keep weight on liner and prevent it from shifting so I think your limitation is liner not the yard

There are some other options such as the water exchange in the article which you could probably combine with draining down 2 ft at most and then starting the no drain exchange as long flow rates in and out were equal or slightly biased to water in that should keep 12" in shallow end

I would be cautious draining the pool. I could see something happening to the liner and the homeowner trying to hold you accountable. Not saying she would have a viable/successful claim but just the possibility would make me very trigger shy on going that far. Of course, I am a lawyer (non-practicing though) so we tend to assume people are out to get you. :)

Oh, and I am NOT a litigator...so I can assure you that you will NOT see my ugly mug on TV or on the side of a bus. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Found these clumps of algae while cleaning the sand. The DE also clumped up (next pic) & is a strange color. I sprinkled some fresh DE for comparison. Are these a sign that a clarifier might have been used.
View attachment 371554

View attachment 371560
Ugh! I did have her use a clarifier last year....:( I was hoping her creepy would vacuum it out.:brickwall:

Last edited:
press your luck no GIF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.