Pool Finish decision needs to be made...Pebble Tec, Stonescape or Florida Stucco Petite

fresca10

Aug 15, 2020
Naples FL
No really, struggling with the decision between Pebble Tec & Stone scapes, with Florida Stucco thrown in the mix. I think the otehr two are worth the upgrades, but is PT worth the upgrade over Stonescapes. I am looking for a medium blue to dark blue and dont want to pay the $5k for Midnight Blue Pebbletec. I was quoted $3950 for Tahoe Blue Stonescapes. Other options beig considered: Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze or Blue Wave or Stonescape Midnight Blue or Tropics Blue.

Is there any difference between Stone scapes & Pebble tec with regard to warranty? Is your PB an authorized installed for both products (this affects warranty)? Does one have a smoother finish then the other? These factors should be considered in addition to the price. Once you pick the plaster then the color becomes an easier choice with what is offered by your selected plaster. Good Luck.

We are doing the Tahoe blue with extra black-
Do you have a baja shelf or anything shallow? I like the midnight blue but not how it looks in the shallow areas. Try a sample at different depths if you can, also go see pools with those finishes your PB did if possible.

Is there any difference between Stone scapes & Pebble tec with regard to warranty? Is your PB an authorized installed for both products (this affects warranty)? Does one have a smoother finish then the other? These factors should be considered in addition to the price. Once you pick the plaster then the color becomes an easier choice with what is offered by your selected plaster. Good Luck.
Our PT contractor does not do both and IS a PT certified dealer. Our Stonescapes is adifferent contractor, but not certified in PT. There is only 1 certiufied PT dealer in our area. I am good with either finish which is why I am basically down to price. Another person mentioned the shallow end and we are planning a large sun deck in this pool, so a lighter shade may be a better option. I will consider the size of our sundeck into the equation.
To this point I considered both Midnight Blue PT & Tahoe Blue SS as equal in preference, which is why I am down to price. Warranty is MUCH better for PT but I am not sold on warrantry being the factor. PT is Lifetime but I'm not sure I care about a Lifetime warranty if the other option is a quality product, whcih is why I am here...to determine if SC is a quality product that will last 8-10 years with no problems (based on a quality application). I don't think either warranties stains and I was told bot will fade under the Florida sun, so why pay more?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.