Pool filter leak at outlet

Galaxy

Jul 9, 2020
Az
Hello

I have Sta-Rite -Cartridge System 3 S8M150 filter.
After I cleaned up one month ago ,I noticed water dripping From outlet filter tank during pump on and stop when vacuum placed on suction side
When pump off ,I hear air leak noise
Tried to glue did not help (See attached photos)
Any help appreciate

thanks
Tom

Attachments

• D48768DA-7995-44B4-AC6A-898B5953A24C.jpeg
    D48768DA-7995-44B4-AC6A-898B5953A24C.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2F3DD008-1178-422A-A32E-7D2A1F90B04D.jpeg
    2F3DD008-1178-422A-A32E-7D2A1F90B04D.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Tom,, welcome to TFP! :wave: To make sure we understand ... is it leaking from the black fitting up against the filter itself, or the where the white pipe is connected? Also, what kind of glue to did you use?

it’s coming from black Pipe Inside where white Pipe goes ,no leak from outside pool filter tank and I used super glue

If I need to open black fitting any idea how to open that ?

thanks
Tom

it’s coming from black Pipe Inside where white Pipe goes ,no leak from outside pool filter tank and I used super glue
So according to your Parts Diagram, the black parts are your filter's bulkhead retaining nut fittings. The pipe extends a bit then your white PVC threaded adapters (nuts) screw onto those. Super Glue probably wasn't the best choice, and hopefully it didn't prevent you from separating those items. If the dripping is bad, I'd be inclined to separate those connections, inspect the threads and any O-rings that may be inserted. If the O-rings sit flush on the face of the adapter nut, you shouldn't need any silicone, but if they are wrapped around they may. You may also want to try a few wraps of Teflon tape around each male fitting threads.

So according to your Parts Diagram, the black parts are your filter's bulkhead retaining nut fittings. The pipe extends a bit then your white PVC threaded adapters (nuts) screw onto those. Super Glue probably wasn't the best choice, and hopefully it didn't prevent you from separating those items. If the dripping is bad, I'd be inclined to separate those connections, inspect the threads and any O-rings that may be inserted. If the O-rings sit flush on the face of the adapter nut, you shouldn't need any silicone, but if they are wrapped around they may. You may also want to try a few wraps of Teflon tape around each male fitting threads.
When vacuum running ,it’s does have only spot drip so I will leave it alone at this time

Thanks for your input
Tom

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.